in Blog

Learning Photoshop Part 1.5

I’ve been really happy with the progress I’ve been making in Photoshop.  I think I can definitely say I am beyond beginner level and have moved to become an amateur.

I’ve learned all about layers, layer masks (that really had me confused for a while), transformations, tools, shapes, layer properties and so much more.

I also know there are a lot of things that I do that I know could be done better, like drawing shapes using a selection source instead of the shape tool but hey, whatever.

Probably 70% of the Photoshopping I do is creating images for blog posts, the other 30% is messing around with family photos.

Messing around a lot lately with icon fonts and such.  I made this for a header area (never used)

iconic bg

 

This image was made using entirely icon fonts as well, which has been a pattern for me lately.  This image literally consists of 4 characters, 3 layers, and a bunch of blending options:

3 reasons ecommerce square

This one I am somewhat proud of.  Messing around a lot with different opacities within backgrounds and such. I know there are a few inconsistencies with the line graph thing but that was hand drawn using the selection tool.

facebook-case-study-muffler

 

I made this as an example for a client on a whim. Again, messing with opacity, fonts, and layers can do so much.

survive 3

 

Thats really about it for now.  I have about 20 more examples, but most of them are the same.

Where to Go From Here

Not sure what I am going to tackle next with Photoshop.  For some reason I am really drawn to illustrations lately, but I really don’t want to (or have time) learn Adobe Illustrator.  I popped it open the other day and was really intimidated by it.  Maybe I will have one of my employees teach me this week 🙂

Patrick Coombe

Patrick Coombe

Patrick Coombe is an internet entrepreneur, SEO consultant and web developer living in Delray Beach, FL. He is the founder of Elite Strategies.
Patrick Coombe
Patrick Coombe
Patrick Coombe

Latest posts by Patrick Coombe (see all)

Loading Facebook Comments ...